In the video below you’ll meet Zahoor and Zafoor from Universal Clothing, a UK company based fashion company in Bradford that started trading 16 years ago but began selling on eBay 3 years ago. several thousand orders every week.
They began selling seriously internationally around a year and a half ago and used a translation service called Web Interpret to help them in doing that. Today they have over 149,000 feedback comments on their eBay account. In the video below they explain how they see massive further potential in international selling especially in emerging markets such as Russia and Brazil
Meet Zahoor & Zafoor from Universal Clothing
Press play on the video below to hear how they have used eBay and International selling to grow their business.
About Universal Clothing
From the video you’ll hear the following
- They sell mens-wear, ladies-wear and childrens-wear hence the name Universal Clothing
- Started trading 16 years ago
- Have been selling on eBay for over 3 years
- 1 and a half years of selling internationally
- Sell around 20,000 items a month on eBay UK alone
- They used a translation service to take their UK listings and sell them on other eBay international sites
- Answer around 100-150 eBay messages a day
- Actively meet the requirements for eBay’s Premium Seller accolade.
- Use tracked services to ensure delivery in regions with slower postal services can be monitored.
- They take all of their own pictures to make sure they are of the highest quality for their listings
- Be aware of seasonality, whilst T-shirts won’t sell in the UK in Winter, they will sell in Australia.
- eBay has given them the opportunity to tap in to markets they otherwise wouldn’t have been able to.
You can find Universal Clothing (Universal_fashion on eBay) here: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/universal-fashion15?_
The Entrepreneur’s Corner
Zahoor and Zafoor are undoubtedly another eBay success story.
As part of our Entrepreneur’s Corner podcast series, you can hear from entrepreneurs just like Universal Clothing, who have made huge businesses by utilising the eBay marketplace. You can listen into other successful Entrepreneur’s that use the marketplaces on our iTunes Podcast here.