How to Setup the Magento Cron
In this guide we take you through what is a Cron Job and then we look at how to set these up in Magento.
What is a Cron Job?
A Cron Job is quite simply a task that we can automate to run at a specific time and / or on a specific date.
We need to set up a Cron Job for a couple of reasons in M2E Pro. We are going to set up the M2E Cron so that every minute it will go and look for orders, and inventory changes in eBay. By doing this we allow M2E and eBay to talk to each other almost constantly to ensure that eBay and M2E Pro are in sync.
How to Setup the M2E Cron Job
The setup of the Cron is really easy and can be broken down into some easy to follow steps which we take you through in the video guide above.
The steps are:
- Log in to your Magento system, navigate to the ‘Sell on eBay’ tab and click on the Help section
- Copy the PHP command from the right hand section of the page
- Log in to your Simple Servers Client area – understandinge.com/gotossca
- Navigate to your hosting account and log in to your CPanel account
- Type ‘Cron’ in the find box in the top left hand column
- Then click the Cron Jobs icon under the advanced menu in the middle of the screen
- Set the common settings to ‘Every Minute’ and paste the PHP command from M2E Pro into the command box at the bottom.
- Click Add new Cron Job
Before progressing to the next guide make sure that you have set up the Cron Job in your CPanel account and that it is set to run every minute.
Remember you can watch the guide above as many times as you need and you can follow us through step by step.