How time flies! The first quarter of 2019 is about to end. We hope that everything is going according to plan and you have managed to increase your sales by taking advantage of the most important dates we told you about.
As we approach the second quarter, we list the key dates to watch out for from April all the way to June. And since we’re transitioning from winter to spring, now is the best time to re-evaluate your offerings and see what’s going to be on trend in the next quarter.
That’s a surefire way to drive traffic to your online store and ramp up your sales. So if you’re ready, scroll down for the list of the most important eCommerce dates from April to June.
- 1st April, April Fool’s Day is the time of the year when pranking others does not result in any trouble. Pranksters can’t wait to start the jokefest so feed in to their desire. Regardless of what your main product line is, adding funny novelty items to your inventory will help spike your sales and surely give everyone a good laugh.
- 7th April, World Health Day is an occasion that will benefit you big time if you’re selling organic products, fitness equipment, health supplements, and the like. If your niche product isn’t relevant to the occasion, then use it as a reason to hold a sale and encourage people to buy from you.
- 21st April, Easter Sunday is all about bunnies and candy-filled eggs. You can sell them as is, especially if you’re in the food business, or use them as inspiration to develop new products that are suitable for the occasion.
- 6th May, May Day puts everyone in a festive mood with dancing, singing, and cakes. It’s the best time to promote your products to potential customers, or even hold a special sales event. Note that online sales in May 2018 increased by 19.4% year-on-year, according to the consultation firm Capgemini.
- 18th May, FA Cup Final gives you the opportunity to capitalise on football fans. Focus on the items in your store that are relevant to this sporting event and you’re sure to exceed your margin.
- 16th June, Father’s Day will see a high demand for menswear, power tools and similar products for the man of the house. Creating a list of gift ideas will make shopping easier and more fun for your customers. Aside from celebrating Dad’s day, the month of June also ushers in summer, so be sure that you stock up on beachwear and accessories too.
There goes our list of the most important eCommerce dates in the second quarter of 2019. Planning ahead of time reduces the risk of facing any setbacks in your online business, and increases your chance for success.
How are you preparing your store to get more sales? We hope to hear from you in the comments below.
As always, to your continued success,
Dave & Matt