OK I so I don’t understand why a simple products would be set up with “Attributes’ much less why if it is just a simple product with attributes, would the visibility be set to ‘Not Visible Individually’
Therefore I am trying to find a way of searching for the configurable parent through simple products.
What I thinking is:
1) This simple product was once a child of a parent configurable. Someone has deleted the configurable parent, potentially. Which means this answer is of no help because if something is deleted it doesn’t exist anymore. So it can’t be found!!
2) This simple product is correct and someone months ago or further away or sooner set the wrong visibility!!
3) it is the correct product in everyway I just can’t find the Configurable product!! :)
I am not always helped by SKU or product name when I try and search on front end, to try and find something that might be the configurable parent. And obviously I can’t find the child on the front end as it is not visible.
This is a dilema :)
I think I may have figured it out…
The simple products with Attributes are ‘Not viisble individually’ and are coloured (that is the attribute) So they must have been child products of a configurable at some point.
Why would you build a catalog with simple products with attributes one Grey and one Black and hide them…therefore there must have been a parent configurable product at some point.
And there may well be one…So I just need to find what that parent product is????!! Any ideas?
If the title or sku doesn’t always lead to the right product, then the only option I can think of is to change the product type to configurable and search, so only configurable products come up and use other fields to narrow the search results down much as attribute set if you have more than one, then go through each one and look at the associated products.
Hope this helps
Everyday is an opportunity to learn something new
Sorry for delay in responding, I have been stock checking! I think a lot of ‘configurable products’ were deleted, maybe because they were no longer stocked! And so there is a lot of orphan ‘not visible products’!!
I am disabling all then will input ‘out of stock’ then export all ‘out of stock’ products and go through them. So I should be left with ‘orphen products’ !! Fun
I can then re-create ‘parent products’ for them
Thanks for your help.
Why Should You Join UnderstandingE?
- Access to over 500 step-by-step video tutorials
- +20 video courses available
- Magento, M2E Pro, Magmi, eBay, Amazon & Design all covered
- Everything is in 100% Plain English
- Learn how to build your own multi-channel software for eBay & Amazon
- Access to the community forums, meet fellow business owners like yourself
Join Now with 2 Clicks
Join now for less that £1 per day you can gain access to over 400 step-by-step video tutorials & learn how to build your very own multi-channel software.
Most Users Ever Online: 1012
Currently Browsing this Page:
Jim @ Moogento: 688
Steve Froggatt: 514
Badeth - UE: 513
Paul Cartwright: 414
Administrators: Matthew Ogborne: 4565, Dave Furness: 4572