We have just purchased the UK Mail extension (Decided to use UKMail for both UK & International shipments).
Our website is not fully live yet – still completing it. But here’s a couple of questions:
1: We like the communications that UKMail offers to keep customers informed on the progress of their delivery – will those progress emails from UKMail be directed through our Magento siite (hosted on Simple Servers), or are they sent direct from UKMail?
2: That question leads us to the use of Mandrill. In an effort to keep the number of extensions added to a minimum – do you think we really need to add Mandrill.
Trying to understand why? Is it that Magento ‘transactional emails’ have problems being delivered to customers inbox? Which would be an issue, for sure.
3: We would like to use a (free) extension that enables better formatting/editing of the transactional emails – can you suggest one?
Let me do my best to answer your questions and apologies for the delay.
1. I think the best people to answer this question are either UKMail or the extension providers themselves as they will know the intricacies of how this is handled.
2. Mandrill is an extension for those that want to use their MailChimp account. Magento can handle transactional emails on it’s own so Mandrill isn’t necessary, it is just an alternative for those businesses that want to use their Mailchimp account.
3. Have you tried this one which we have used ourselves and actually have available in the UE store as a free download? It adds a WYSIWYG editor to the email http://urthemes.com/magento-wy…..mails.html
Does that help?
Every expert was once a beginner
Why Should You Join UnderstandingE?
- Access to over 500 step-by-step video tutorials
- +20 video courses available
- Magento, M2E Pro, Magmi, eBay, Amazon & Design all covered
- Everything is in 100% Plain English
- Learn how to build your own multi-channel software for eBay & Amazon
- Access to the community forums, meet fellow business owners like yourself
Join Now with 2 Clicks
Join now for less that £1 per day you can gain access to over 400 step-by-step video tutorials & learn how to build your very own multi-channel software.
Most Users Ever Online: 1012
Currently Browsing this Page:
Jim @ Moogento: 688
Steve Froggatt: 514
Badeth - UE: 513
Paul Cartwright: 414
Administrators: Matthew Ogborne: 4565, Dave Furness: 4606