I have been trying to update my inventory using a csv file.
The csv only contains the SKU and QTY columns.
When I run the Import it seemingly works fine and doesn’t give an error message at any point.
The problem I have is, even though it seems to have worked, the updated quantities are not showing up.
I have tried reindexing, flushing the cache, logging out and back in again but still nothing has changed.
Any ideas please?
It’s good that you actually have tried some methods to try and sort it out, however, if it still does not work, you may want to go through this checklist:
– Is the product in a Category?
– Does the product have a Quantity available (it should be greater than 0)
– Is the product Status – Enabled?
– Is the Visibility set to Catalog, Search?
– Is the product In Stock?
If you have checked all these and it still does not fix the problem, then I assume there might be some attributes which might be missing. One of which is the easiest to miss is _product_websites. So let me go through a step by step method on how to fix not only this missed attribute but other possible missing attributes as well.
– Make a new product and make sure to take note of the SKU number you will use.
– Export it. How? Go to System, then Import/Export, click on Export, choose Product for the Entity Type, put in the SKU, and press Continue. It will download a CSV with the new product.
– Once it has been downloaded, it will show you the required fields which are being utilized by Magento. This new CSV template, will be what you would need to use the next time you will have to create and update your product to prevent missing any attributes in the future.
Let me know if this resolves your problem.
Why Should You Join UnderstandingE?
- Access to over 500 step-by-step video tutorials
- +20 video courses available
- Magento, M2E Pro, Magmi, eBay, Amazon & Design all covered
- Everything is in 100% Plain English
- Learn how to build your own multi-channel software for eBay & Amazon
- Access to the community forums, meet fellow business owners like yourself
Join Now with 2 Clicks
Join now for less that £1 per day you can gain access to over 400 step-by-step video tutorials & learn how to build your very own multi-channel software.
Most Users Ever Online: 1012
Currently Browsing this Page:
Jim @ Moogento: 688
Steve Froggatt: 514
Badeth - UE: 513
Paul Cartwright: 414
Administrators: Matthew Ogborne: 4565, Dave Furness: 4606