What do you guys think, is the responsive theme that is now included with 1.9 worth a look at all? I realize it is more basic than lets say Ultimo, but do you think over time more extension may embrace it to make it more useful?
We actually played with an install of Magento 1.9 to see what it looked like and how it handled.
To be honest I was pleasantly surprised with the responsive website and how it handled. I think there is a degree of horses for courses here. For some the basic Magento website will be enough to get people started and offer some basic customisation. However for those businesses that want a lot more freedom of customisation without getting too codey, then themes like Ultimo will always have their place in the market.
In short, its a step in the right direction for Magento and a great stepping stone
Every expert was once a beginner
Why Should You Join UnderstandingE?
- Access to over 500 step-by-step video tutorials
- +20 video courses available
- Magento, M2E Pro, Magmi, eBay, Amazon & Design all covered
- Everything is in 100% Plain English
- Learn how to build your own multi-channel software for eBay & Amazon
- Access to the community forums, meet fellow business owners like yourself
Join Now with 2 Clicks
Join now for less that £1 per day you can gain access to over 400 step-by-step video tutorials & learn how to build your very own multi-channel software.
Most Users Ever Online: 1012
Currently Browsing this Page:
Jim @ Moogento: 688
Steve Froggatt: 514
Badeth - UE: 513
Paul Cartwright: 414
Administrators: Matthew Ogborne: 4565, Dave Furness: 4606