Just wondering if anyone knows how to change how the category pages display on Magento? I want to display a list of subcategories,an associated picture and different background for each. Then in turn apply this to the subcategories if necessary.
Any help welcome!
This is a toughie to answer as it can depend upon what your theme does with the categories.
However, go to Catalog > Manage Categories > Select a category and see the Dislay Settings tab and the custom design tabs.
Specifically have a play with the mix of “Display Mode”, a “CMS Block” and also the “Custom Design” as well on the design tab.
Note: You can create your own CMS blocks along the top CMS > Static Blocks > Add New
Hope that helps a little.
Why Should You Join UnderstandingE?
- Access to over 500 step-by-step video tutorials
- +20 video courses available
- Magento, M2E Pro, Magmi, eBay, Amazon & Design all covered
- Everything is in 100% Plain English
- Learn how to build your own multi-channel software for eBay & Amazon
- Access to the community forums, meet fellow business owners like yourself
Join Now with 2 Clicks
Join now for less that £1 per day you can gain access to over 400 step-by-step video tutorials & learn how to build your very own multi-channel software.
Most Users Ever Online: 1012
Currently Browsing this Page:
Jim @ Moogento: 688
Steve Froggatt: 514
Badeth - UE: 513
Paul Cartwright: 414
Administrators: Matthew Ogborne: 4565, Dave Furness: 4606