is there an extention or way to make the shipping choices appear for a customer at the cart screen before checking out?
as we dont want customer to have to start filling address details out only to find they leave once they see the shipping options?
we only have to options and dont require customers to put postcodes in to see the price.
i have been looking and have found a way yo make them show but te customer still has to choose the option once they have started filling out the register details.
How complicated is your shipping?
1. have side banner advert stating your shipping costs.
2. Have an attribute to state shipping costs in product description.
3. There is a get shipping quote on cart. This part i am unsure but our custom template has a get quote option at cart stage.
"Dont believe everything you read on the internet just because there is a picture with a quote next to it" Abraham Lincoln
Yes, this is built into Magento. The customer needs to enter their country and postcode/zip code for this to work.
You can see a working example by following these steps:
1. Go to http://www.tz6.co.uk/womens-fa…..boots.html
2. Select a size and add to your cart
3. In the cart, use the green box to see the shipping options
The options there are using an extension called MatrixRates which is free and is going to be the next course we publish in a few days time.
looks good i tried the link you sent over and then added something to basket to see how it showed which it looks goo, but i wanted to go to the next stage to see if it then removes this option from the checkout process.
the example above redirected me to another site.
Do you know of any other site using it ? if you cant mention one any chance you can check?
Whoops I have SSL settings on that site that are duff, just sorting out for you.
Try the site now.
Apologies it was a handover setting from us using that site for a tutorial on setting up Magento to use SSL in the checkout. As that site has no SSL, the web server redirects to the first site that does have one and that’s not ours.
By the way, basically it’ll be the same options as you saw using the picker on the cart page.
just had a look at that and it looks good, if we only sell to uk and do not want to do shipping quote can we still show the prices with options? on the cart screen?
also thinking as a customer making the choice twice could be a bit confusing as people may think they will be charged twice, im suprised that magento makes you select this so late within the order process.
That’s something you could easily get a developer do on the checkout pages.
Why Should You Join UnderstandingE?
- Access to over 500 step-by-step video tutorials
- +20 video courses available
- Magento, M2E Pro, Magmi, eBay, Amazon & Design all covered
- Everything is in 100% Plain English
- Learn how to build your own multi-channel software for eBay & Amazon
- Access to the community forums, meet fellow business owners like yourself
Join Now with 2 Clicks
Join now for less that £1 per day you can gain access to over 400 step-by-step video tutorials & learn how to build your very own multi-channel software.
Most Users Ever Online: 1012
Currently Browsing this Page:
Jim @ Moogento: 688
Steve Froggatt: 514
Badeth - UE: 513
Paul Cartwright: 414
Administrators: Matthew Ogborne: 4565, Dave Furness: 4606