Does the image file size affect the speed of generating invoices for pickpack/shipeasy? More generally is there a recommended image file size for Magento?
Most of our JPG files are 3.5 to 6mb and I am wondering if this is why it is taking so long for pickpack/shipeasy to generate invoices.
Sorry, just saw this. Ok guidelines:
– always use png files. It works best with zendPDF.
– always save as non-interlaced
– design your images at 300dpi (this is an option in Photoshop when making a new doc)
– check the image dimensions in points not pixels. Your screen will be showing 72 or 144 dots per inch. Your printer will print at 300 dots per inch (or 203 for a zebra printer). If you make your image 4inches wide, measured on your screen, if we print this at 4inches it will be blurry, as you’ll only have 72 dots instead of 300. So when we print images in pickPack we multiply the printed dimensions by 72/300 – ie. make the result less than a third the dimension of how it looks on your screen. This way it prints at full sharp resolution.
We have worked out a great system in the most recent pickPack releases to cut the size of PDFs with large images down by a huge amount, and to speed up the processing of these. I think we just installed that for you – is it all running fast and lean now?
Why Should You Join UnderstandingE?
- Access to over 500 step-by-step video tutorials
- +20 video courses available
- Magento, M2E Pro, Magmi, eBay, Amazon & Design all covered
- Everything is in 100% Plain English
- Learn how to build your own multi-channel software for eBay & Amazon
- Access to the community forums, meet fellow business owners like yourself
Join Now with 2 Clicks
Join now for less that £1 per day you can gain access to over 400 step-by-step video tutorials & learn how to build your very own multi-channel software.
Most Users Ever Online: 1012
Currently Browsing this Page:
Jim @ Moogento: 688
Steve Froggatt: 514
Badeth - UE: 513
Paul Cartwright: 414
Administrators: Matthew Ogborne: 4565, Dave Furness: 4606