But our MySQL is 5.5 so we need to upgrade, and server company can only global update. So if I get them to update the MySQL this will update existing live website (magento v1) database as well.
Is this possible, is this ok? Or will I need some additional work to existing db
Many thanks in advance
This will depend if the Magento 1 you have is compatible with MySQL v.5.6. Ask your host if this would be possible.
I recently migrated from 5.5 to 5.7, it’s not a simple task if you have no previous knowledge! So asking your hosting company to help is defintely worth doing,
Why Should You Join UnderstandingE?
- Access to over 500 step-by-step video tutorials
- +20 video courses available
- Magento, M2E Pro, Magmi, eBay, Amazon & Design all covered
- Everything is in 100% Plain English
- Learn how to build your own multi-channel software for eBay & Amazon
- Access to the community forums, meet fellow business owners like yourself
Join Now with 2 Clicks
Join now for less that £1 per day you can gain access to over 400 step-by-step video tutorials & learn how to build your very own multi-channel software.
Most Users Ever Online: 1012
Currently Browsing this Page:
Jim @ Moogento: 688
Steve Froggatt: 514
Badeth - UE: 513
Paul Cartwright: 414
Administrators: Matthew Ogborne: 4565, Dave Furness: 4606