This may help, but remember to turn them back on again afterwards.
- Go to System > Index Management
- Press “Select All” on the left
- In the actions Mneu change the index mode to “Manual Update”
- Press submit
- Now try moving a category around
That’s me thinking that it’s the save event that is taking ages. So turning off the index save events may speed it up.
But as I mentioned, make sure you change them back to on save afterwards & of course can you let me know if that helps too?
Oh superb, I had a hunch it was the save events causing the lag.
Just remember to turn them back on again and reindex afterwards.
Why Should You Join UnderstandingE?
- Access to over 500 step-by-step video tutorials
- +20 video courses available
- Magento, M2E Pro, Magmi, eBay, Amazon & Design all covered
- Everything is in 100% Plain English
- Learn how to build your own multi-channel software for eBay & Amazon
- Access to the community forums, meet fellow business owners like yourself
Join Now with 2 Clicks
Join now for less that £1 per day you can gain access to over 400 step-by-step video tutorials & learn how to build your very own multi-channel software.
Most Users Ever Online: 1012
Currently Browsing this Page:
Jim @ Moogento: 688
Steve Froggatt: 514
Badeth - UE: 513
Paul Cartwright: 414
Administrators: Matthew Ogborne: 4565, Dave Furness: 4606