Hello. I been having this issue for quite a while now but i am trying to import pictures into magento using magmi. The pictures are from a url. Its pretty slow to import and it stays a 14% for the longest. I was thinking if i just import 1 column of picutres instead of all four if that would help the speed. So example i can just import small image and omit thumbnail,image and media gallery. Thanks
For each image Magmi needs to go off and download that image, so if the suppliers website is really slow, then the import is going to be really slow too.
A tip would be is that if you expand the image processor plugin in Magmi (see this tutorial just after 5mins) and set Magmi to skip existing images, it’ll skip them if they’re already downloaded and the imports will run much faster.
Hope that helps!
Why Should You Join UnderstandingE?
- Access to over 500 step-by-step video tutorials
- +20 video courses available
- Magento, M2E Pro, Magmi, eBay, Amazon & Design all covered
- Everything is in 100% Plain English
- Learn how to build your own multi-channel software for eBay & Amazon
- Access to the community forums, meet fellow business owners like yourself
Join Now with 2 Clicks
Join now for less that £1 per day you can gain access to over 400 step-by-step video tutorials & learn how to build your very own multi-channel software.
Most Users Ever Online: 1012
Currently Browsing this Page:
Jim @ Moogento: 688
Steve Froggatt: 514
Badeth - UE: 513
Paul Cartwright: 414
Administrators: Matthew Ogborne: 4565, Dave Furness: 4606