The link to one of my category pages has suddenly started to come up as a 404 page. I am suspecting that I may need to fix this in the URL re-write area, but was not 100% sure if these is what I should do.
Can anyone advise please?
Adventurist and online ecommerce retailer based in the UK. Trading since 2006.
The first place to check is that the category actually exists and the url for this is correct. If it is happy days go to System > Index management > And reindiex the catalog urls.
However if it no longer exists or you want the url to go elsewhere (say another category) you can add a custom rewrite in. It’s bee a while since I did this manually, however go to Catalog > URL Rewrite Management > And find yourself from there, noting there is a custom option.
That’ll get you in the right area at least :)
Why Should You Join UnderstandingE?
- Access to over 500 step-by-step video tutorials
- +20 video courses available
- Magento, M2E Pro, Magmi, eBay, Amazon & Design all covered
- Everything is in 100% Plain English
- Learn how to build your own multi-channel software for eBay & Amazon
- Access to the community forums, meet fellow business owners like yourself
Join Now with 2 Clicks
Join now for less that £1 per day you can gain access to over 400 step-by-step video tutorials & learn how to build your very own multi-channel software.
Most Users Ever Online: 1012
Currently Browsing this Page:
Jim @ Moogento: 688
Steve Froggatt: 514
Badeth - UE: 513
Paul Cartwright: 414
Administrators: Matthew Ogborne: 4565, Dave Furness: 4606