Not so New
Not so New
Yea I had a suspicion that is what you were trying to do :)
It’s highly unlikely you’ll find an extension that can do that for you as you’re not supposed to do that & it’s against their usage terms.
However the good news is that it’s perfectly possible and in more than one way too.
- If you take a look at this page for MWS (Amazon‘s Merchant Wedb Services) http://docs.developer.amazonse…..oduct.html you’ll see the product data being returned as XML when looking up by an ASIN (including variations)
- The other way is to use the affiliates route and the Product Advertising API http://s3.amazonaws.com/awsdoc…..-08-01.pdf (page 262 for the “Large” response) and grab the information that way (which also has variations).
While you’ll be hard pressed to find an extension that does this for you, you’ll find plenty of developers say on “oDesk” that can do this for you.
Two huge tips I would suggest are:
- Get the developer to work out what the common fields are and to save the XML as a CSV file. That way you can readily import that delicious data into Magento easily :)
- If you use Magmi to import this data in, Magmi handles image URL’s very well, where as Magento‘s dataflow manager makes you upload the images first.
Does that help you?
Why Should You Join UnderstandingE?
- Access to over 500 step-by-step video tutorials
- +20 video courses available
- Magento, M2E Pro, Magmi, eBay, Amazon & Design all covered
- Everything is in 100% Plain English
- Learn how to build your own multi-channel software for eBay & Amazon
- Access to the community forums, meet fellow business owners like yourself
Join Now with 2 Clicks
Join now for less that £1 per day you can gain access to over 400 step-by-step video tutorials & learn how to build your very own multi-channel software.
Most Users Ever Online: 1012
Currently Browsing this Page:
Jim @ Moogento: 688
Steve Froggatt: 514
Badeth - UE: 513
Paul Cartwright: 414
Administrators: Matthew Ogborne: 4565, Dave Furness: 4606