Currently, we’re using two different eBay accounts at two separate physical locations. Being there is no online reason to have two different eBay names (beside not having a central system), the plan will be to migrate all product to one eBay name and website and segment the inventory by a location field on the product level.
My main question is what’s the “best practice” for setting this up within Magento as far as the created “stores” within the admin settings.
I see within Settings there is the “Default Config” , “Main Website”, “Main Website Store” and “Main Website Store View”.
The main concern is in areas such as when we go to list items on eBay, one’s posted from a particular location would need to have their own specific ship from location for postage costs, RMA handling (which location to send back to) , shipping product out (I thought a designation of a location field would work out of the box?), and user permission levels for those who create listings and manage the inventory/listings.
Again, their would ultimately only be one website store and one eBay account where all items are posted to.
To what respects would be suggested (if any) for setting up this type of structure?
So basically you’re looking for a “location” next to each line item on an order?
The cut down version of this is to create a Magento attribute called “location”, use this to store your warehouse location at product level in. Then in ShipEasy / PickPack set this as the location attribute, it’ll come out on the packing sheets etc… and I’m pretty sure one of the columns in the orders page too.
Does that make sense Dustin?
Yes it does.
In regards to using two different eBay accounts (each location post to a different eBay account right now)…What’s the best way to set this up in Magento?
– Should I do a different store view for the other eBay account?
– After product is created, do I determine which eBay username the item will list to via the policies in M2E Pro?
The eventual end result will be ONE website where all product is shown, but based on location, product will be fed down a different eBay username.
Thanks Dave for the reply.
I’ve done just this; setting up a second store view.
My next questions around this is the following:
– When each individual location creates a product, do we choose in the “Add Product” “Attribute Set” the drop down menu for the store view when creating the product? Ex: Store View 1 is location 1, so when a user from Store View 1 is posting to eBay, he would choose this store view when creating product.
– How are categories best used here? Each eBay account/Store View has a slightly different category structure, but at the end of the day we want all the product to post to a uniform category structure on the website.
Thanks so much in advance,
Why Should You Join UnderstandingE?
- Access to over 500 step-by-step video tutorials
- +20 video courses available
- Magento, M2E Pro, Magmi, eBay, Amazon & Design all covered
- Everything is in 100% Plain English
- Learn how to build your own multi-channel software for eBay & Amazon
- Access to the community forums, meet fellow business owners like yourself
Join Now with 2 Clicks
Join now for less that £1 per day you can gain access to over 400 step-by-step video tutorials & learn how to build your very own multi-channel software.
Most Users Ever Online: 1012
Currently Browsing this Page:
Jim @ Moogento: 688
Steve Froggatt: 514
Badeth - UE: 513
Paul Cartwright: 414
Administrators: Matthew Ogborne: 4565, Dave Furness: 4606