Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

mail_open
SHOCK... Ebay removing Active Content from listings as of June 2017
Steve S
August 31, 2016 - 2:55 pm
Forum Posts: 274
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi,
Has anyone else read the email from Ebay ‘Autumn 2016 Business Seller News’?
The final section is this:

REMOVE ACTIVE CONTENT TO OPTIMISE YOUR LISTINGS FOR MOBILE
From June 2017, you’ll no longer be able to use active content when creating your listings. This is to help make sure your listings perform optimally on mobile devices, improving the shopping experience and helping you sell more.

Check your listings for active content with i-ways, our personalised mobile friendliness checker.
FROM JUNE 2017
We’ll be removing active content from all item descriptions. This includes JavaScript, Flash, plug-ins and form actions.
See this link for more details: http://sellerupdate.ebay.co.uk…..ve-content

I checked one of our listings in the checker, and it totally removes all of the Widget Chimp template from mobile. THIS IS SERIOUSLY BAD !
The listing is bald with only the Title and bullet point description.

Matt – are you aware of this? How can we keep WChimp alive?
Are we going to have to return to a ‘mobile optimised template’ or is that classed as active content too?

Any thoughts guys?

Dave Furness

Founder
August 31, 2016 - 7:32 pm
Forum Posts: 4606

Hey Steve,

This isn’t new news we first got told about this maybe 6 months ago and myself and Matt were told that this was in the pipeline over 12 months ago.

The good news is now they have finally put a date on it. WidgetChimp reached out to eBay about a month ago asking this very question and they didn’t have the information for us (Suspecting it was coming direct from San Jose)

We cover updates on this when we get them in the weekly webinars. This release came out an hour before we went live on Tuesday, and whilst I was running through the webinar Matt sent an email to our contacts at eBay to clarify a few points.

So we are aware of it, and have been for a while. We have 10 months before anything will happen and WidgetChimp will be trying to work with eBay to find a solution.

Of course we will let you all know as soon as we know anything.

Dave

Every expert was once a beginner

Steve S
September 1, 2016 - 10:28 am
Forum Posts: 274

That’s good to hear Dave – I thought it strange that you hadn’t mentioned anything here on the forum about it – I know you guys are always ‘in the loop’ about such matters.
Hope W/Chimp issues can be resolved – great service.
Sorry – can’t seem to make it to the weekly webinars – will have to make more of an effort to fit it in. Are they recorded?

Thanks
Steve

Dave Furness

Founder
September 12, 2016 - 2:43 pm

Absolutely Steve if ever you want to binge or over indulge on Matt & Me here’s the place to be ha ha https://understandinge.com/mastermind-webinar-recording-library/

gette

New
January 25, 2017 - 6:48 pm
Forum Posts: 3

Only 4 months left and still not a peep?

There has not been an update to the widget chimp since we have been a member, over 17 moths ago, even though there are known bugs and missing functionality that has been promised and coming soon for just as long.

Dave Furness

Founder
January 26, 2017 - 11:27 am

Hi Gette,

I am unsure of what known bugs you are referring too however I do not have any say in WIdgetChimp. Have you contacted WIdgetChimp directly about any concerns that you have?

As far as I am aware WidgetChimp has been working as it should for the past few years and Matt has been updating things since then.

Maybe contact WIdgetChimp and they will be able to help with any problems you are having?

Why Should You Join UnderstandingE?

• Access to over 500 step-by-step video tutorials
  • +20 video courses available
  • Magento, M2E Pro, Magmi, eBay, Amazon & Design all covered
  • Everything is in 100% Plain English
  • Learn how to build your own multi-channel software for eBay & Amazon
  • Access to the community forums, meet fellow business owners like yourself

Join Now with 2 Clicks

Join now for less that £1 per day you can gain access to over 400 step-by-step video tutorials & learn how to build your very own multi-channel software.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 1012

Currently Online:
17 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Jim @ Moogento: 688

Steve Froggatt: 514

Badeth - UE: 513

Jimbob: 453

Paul Cartwright: 414