Is anyone regularly sending small parcel shipments from the UK to US FBA warehouses?
I’m struggling to work out the paperwork side of things, specifically for UPS, an have a couple more questions.
– What’s the best/cheapest carrier you use?
Seems like parcel2go, interparcel etc can’t deal with the paperwork side of things so you have to go direct to carrier. Is that right?
Whats the cheapest option for small / low value parcels? 2.5kg £150 value as an example.
Annoyingly I can get this for around £20 with UK Mail (who won’t send DDP) but goes up to £40+ with other couriers when booking direct
– Assuming UPS is being used, how do you get the paperwork right?
Specifically how to I make sure that Amazon aren’t the Importer of Records
– Do I really need to send DDP (duty paid) if the value is low
UPS want to charge an extra £15 or thereabouts for DDP. But if the value of the consignment is low enough to not trigger any duties in the US then presumably I could send normally (DDU), knowing that while Amazon would be responsible for the duty, there won’t actually be any to pay.
Am I right here or am I asking for trouble?
Any help much appreciated! Can’t believe how tricky it seems to get this right!
Why Should You Join UnderstandingE?
- Access to over 500 step-by-step video tutorials
- +20 video courses available
- Magento, M2E Pro, Magmi, eBay, Amazon & Design all covered
- Everything is in 100% Plain English
- Learn how to build your own multi-channel software for eBay & Amazon
- Access to the community forums, meet fellow business owners like yourself
Join Now with 2 Clicks
Join now for less that £1 per day you can gain access to over 400 step-by-step video tutorials & learn how to build your very own multi-channel software.
Most Users Ever Online: 1012
Currently Browsing this Page:
Jim @ Moogento: 688
Steve Froggatt: 514
Badeth - UE: 513
Paul Cartwright: 414
Administrators: Matthew Ogborne: 4565, Dave Furness: 4557