If I have an item in an M2E listing and move it to another, what happens? Are the new listing’s settings updated on the next sync?
For example, I have an item currently in a free shipping listing. I move it to a duplicate listing, but one that has a weight fee. What will happen to this item on ebay? Will the terms be updated? Will the item be stopped and relisted???
My understanding on this, is if it is just a policy update in M2E Pro, if you revise the item, then it should update the shipping information, without ending and relisting the item.
Every expert was once a beginner
Hello Debbie. We sell products with different conditions (new, used, refurbished) and with different shipping methods (ups ground, fedex smartpost, etc). I could create many listing folders for these options in m2e pro but it would be to many folders. So i was thinking of creating one and if the item im listing doesnt match the folder;s policies then Ill just add it manually to each item. But my concern are if i have many items with different policies all in the same folder when it revises automatically will they all become the same policy as the folder its in? Thanks
Howdy ike & Debbie *waves*
If you do make changes to a policy M2E Pro will change the live listings on two conditions:
1. You have set M2E to do so, this is set in Sell on eBay > Configuration > Policies > Pick the applicable policy for “Synchronization” and then on the “Revise Rules” tab on the left and make sure it’s set appropriately.
2. The other reason could be down to the cron not running, so a really daft question do you see any warnings at the top of any of the M2E pages saying that the cron has not run in N hours? If you do you’ll need to set that up. See here for the M2EPro Cron tutorial.
Or finally you just need to wait for M2E to revise them, it’s not instant and can take a while.
@ike oheri Yea that’s a hard one to call, just do what make sense and you can manage long term.
A huge tip would be to point out that you can change the view modes when in a listing group in M2E, look for the dropdown box when you’ve gone into one (it’s in the middle of the screen), select one and then see the extra columns that you can see, also note that you can filter using the column headers too.
I have a number of different policies applied to the items within the one M2e Pro listing (e.g. I have one Policy for items that I only ship domestically and another Policy for items that I ship internationally.)
Since most of my items do ship internationally and it is just some heavier ones that I only ship domestically, the Policy I have applied to the M2e Pro listing is my “International Shipping” Policy. When I have an item that I want to apply the “Domestic Shipping” Policy to I click on the settings tab in the listing and basically follow the instructions from the M2e Pro website:
As far as I am aware if you manually set up any of the policies at an M2e Pro item level it will not be updated if you make a change at M2e Pro listing level (maybe Matt or Dave could confirm that?)
Hopefully I haven’t confused you too much
Hi Debbie, ike,
That’s right you’ve overridden them specifically to that listing.
Why Should You Join UnderstandingE?
- Access to over 500 step-by-step video tutorials
- +20 video courses available
- Magento, M2E Pro, Magmi, eBay, Amazon & Design all covered
- Everything is in 100% Plain English
- Learn how to build your own multi-channel software for eBay & Amazon
- Access to the community forums, meet fellow business owners like yourself
Join Now with 2 Clicks
Join now for less that £1 per day you can gain access to over 400 step-by-step video tutorials & learn how to build your very own multi-channel software.
Most Users Ever Online: 1012
Currently Browsing this Page:
Jim @ Moogento: 688
Steve Froggatt: 514
Badeth - UE: 513
Paul Cartwright: 414
Administrators: Matthew Ogborne: 4565, Dave Furness: 4606