I have been following the ‘Advanced Method’ for setting up item specifics and noticed that in the ‘scope’ value field most of the attibutes are set to ‘Store View’ but some such as size and colour are set to ‘Global’.
Why is this and is it important to make sure they are set to either one?
Adventurist and online ecommerce retailer based in the UK. Trading since 2006.
Very, very good question!
Keeping this as simple as possible, you want storeview attributes so that you can change the languages over or details over at storeview level, so that if or when you add in multiple eBay accounts or sites, you can change the values as required.
Configurable attributes are special, they have to be global for Magento to use them for building configurable products.
Does that help?
Why Should You Join UnderstandingE?
- Access to over 500 step-by-step video tutorials
- +20 video courses available
- Magento, M2E Pro, Magmi, eBay, Amazon & Design all covered
- Everything is in 100% Plain English
- Learn how to build your own multi-channel software for eBay & Amazon
- Access to the community forums, meet fellow business owners like yourself
Join Now with 2 Clicks
Join now for less that £1 per day you can gain access to over 400 step-by-step video tutorials & learn how to build your very own multi-channel software.
Most Users Ever Online: 1012
Currently Browsing this Page:
Jim @ Moogento: 688
Steve Froggatt: 514
Badeth - UE: 513
Paul Cartwright: 414
Administrators: Matthew Ogborne: 4565, Dave Furness: 4606