Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
mail_open
The duration "GTC" day(s) is not available for this listing type, or invalid for category "171499".
Dom Rand
April 11, 2014 - 10:37 am
Forum Posts: 219
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Got this error.

What is listing type?

Suggestions to be able to put on GTC?

"Dont believe everything you read on the internet just because there is a picture with a quote next to it" Abraham Lincoln

Matthew Ogborne

Founder
April 11, 2014 - 11:23 am
Forum Posts: 4565

Hi Dom,

Not entirely sure on that error, I’m guessing you’ve not set a listing type in the Price, QTY & Format policy

Matt

"Selling an item online is easy, but making living from a business that sells online, well that’s something different entirely!"

Ultimo Magento Theme

Dom Rand
April 11, 2014 - 11:44 am

listing type is BIN

"Dont believe everything you read on the internet just because there is a picture with a quote next to it" Abraham Lincoln

Matthew Ogborne

Founder
April 11, 2014 - 11:54 am

Hi Dom,

Just spotted the subject of your post.

That means you can’t list as GTC in that category I’m afraid ( which is really odd!)

Matt

"Selling an item online is easy, but making living from a business that sells online, well that’s something different entirely!"

Ultimo Magento Theme

Dom Rand
April 11, 2014 - 12:25 pm

just spoken to eBay and that category is fine to list with GTC, must be something else I have that doesnt like it

Ben-Gear

Excellent
April 12, 2014 - 7:15 pm
Forum Posts: 46

Isn’t the GTC for experienced sellers only? (not saying you’re not but it might be because you haven’t sold enough in that specific category).

Ben

Dom Rand
April 14, 2014 - 9:48 am

Hi Ben

We are experienced enough with feedback of 265k. Largest ebayer in the UK and the world for our products……

Dom

Dom Rand
April 14, 2014 - 10:10 am

Yup

just cant get it working. Does anyone have it setup so they can upload GTC, so I can check settings with them please.

Matthew Ogborne

Founder
April 14, 2014 - 10:15 am

Hi Dom,

These settings are in the tutorials as we haven’t covered auctions in them.

Here is a screenshot from our system

m2epro-policies-gtc.pngImage Enlarger

Matt

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments

Ultimo Magento Theme

Dom Rand
April 14, 2014 - 10:30 am

exactly as i had them, do you think it could be an issue with sandbox?

Matthew Ogborne

Founder
April 14, 2014 - 10:32 am

Dom Rand said

exactly as i had them, do you think it could be an issue with sandbox?

Categorically Yes.

eBay’s sandbox is a nightmare, if you’re using it expect more issues like this.

Matt

Ultimo Magento Theme

Dom Rand
April 14, 2014 - 10:40 am

i think i have it sussed.

For GTC you need to be a shop on sandbox. Which when you try and be a shop it takes you to ebay proper and asks you to pay for the privilege.

Just dealing with and will let people know

Dom Rand
April 14, 2014 - 11:05 am

really ebay

Need assistance? eBay Developer Technical Support staff members are available to answer your questions.

Please select one of the following options and click the PayPal payment button.

PayPal is the only accepted method of payment. Create a new PayPal account if you don’t have one already.
Once PayPal confirms your payment has been received, you will be credited for the number of hours purchased.

Choose Payment Option

Jump Start (4 hours for $250)
$75 per hourHours:
PayPal

So I need to pay for support to get them to activate a sandbox store account.

Jokers

Matthew Ogborne

Founder
April 14, 2014 - 11:09 am

Hi Dom,

Which is just one of the reasons why I don’t use the sandbox ;-)

Matt

Ultimo Magento Theme

Richard Meldner
Miami/Ft. Lauderdale Area
May 14, 2014 - 12:59 pm
Forum Posts: 325

eBay has a few test categories which are designed for doing some live tests on eBay itself. You can find them by searching for “test” in the category finder. Often they include a test category for every major category (the instructions below state there is only one, but I have found many). I don’t remember if they actually charge the listing fee when placing items in test, but my guess is to expect it :)

Here are their recommendations for using it:

For test listings, follow all of these guidelines:
– Use the Everything Else > Test Auctions category only.
– The word “test” must appear in both the listing title and the listing description.
– Have only 10 test listings at a time.
For test Feedback left or received for a test listing, follow all of these guidelines:
– Create an account that you can use to leave or receive Feedback for a test listing. Don’t use the account you have for buying or selling. If we see an account that breaks this rule, that account may be subject to suspension.
– Make sure the test Feedback is used for testing purposes only. (If something looks amiss, we may remove test Feedback to avoid problems.)
– The word “test” has to appear in the listing title and the description.

Richard

You have to start with a plan to know what you will be deviating from.

Managing Petty Tyrant: mdiperformance.com

channelmaxnet

New
January 27, 2015 - 7:04 am
Forum Posts: 3

Hello Everyone,

I have a very similar issue, in this case EBay UK CategoryID is 31387 [Jewellery & Watches -> Watches -> Wristwatches], what surprises me is that GetCategoryFeatures API call clearly states that GTC is not available for FixedPriceItem (ID=8), however we I do see a listing in EBay UK as GTC for the same category. How is that possible ? What I may be missing ?

A) Here is the listing :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stuhrling-Original-Mens-Classic-Ascot-Solei-Ultra-Slim-Rose-Tone-Case-Watch-5-/231112124707

B) Here is the API call result :

2015-01-27T06:24:38.837Z
Success
E895_INTL_APICATALOG_17257399_R1
2015-01-26T09:47:51.000Z

Days_3
Days_5
Days_7
Days_10

Days_30
Days_90

Days_28

Days_3
Days_5
Days_7
Days_10
Days_30

Days_3
Days_5
Days_7
Days_10
Days_30
GTC

channelmaxnet

New
January 27, 2015 - 7:08 am

Oops dont know what happened to the XML, here is the attachment

Matthew Ogborne

Founder
January 27, 2015 - 8:02 am

Hi,

It’s possible because the item was listed on the eBay.co.uk site and not eBay.com. The link sent over is for eBay.com which is showing a eBay.co.uk item, thus appears to have a feature that is not available on the .com site.

Hope that makes sense,

Matt

Ultimo Magento Theme

channelmaxnet

New
January 27, 2015 - 8:34 am

Sorry Matt, I sent the link incorrectly, its actually co.uk item, I mistyped as .com.

We are checking only in co.uk .. The xml that I sent is from EBay co.uk.

Thanks
Paul

simon7209

New
January 28, 2015 - 4:53 pm
Forum Posts: 2

I’m struggling with similar issues but following this thread and applying the suggestions made in previous answers I have been unable to resolve my issues so I was wondering if anyone had anything else to add?

I am trying to set up some test ads on eBay from my Magento staging site using an M2E PRO extension: The staging site works well, SKUs set up correctly etc.

The extensions seems ok, however every time I list to eBay I get the previously mentioned “The duration “GTC” day(s) is not available for this listing type, or invalid for category “xxxx” error message.

I have tried 11 different categories so far with no luck, including categories where I am listing the same SKUs right now on eBay .co.uk.

I have followed the advice in a previous reply to use the Everything Else > Test Auctions category only / The word “test” must appear in both the listing title and the listing description / Have only 10 test listings at a time, without success.

eBay UK can’t help as the developer side of things is all run from eBay USA.

eBay’s Developer site in the USA won’t even talk to you unless you pay them for a Support Package – which I am reluctant to do unless all else fails as they make plenty from my company as it is.

However before I begrudgingly pay eBay USA I thought that I would put this problem out there in the hope that someone might be able to help me to resolve it?

Many thanks

Simon

No permission to create posts

Why Should You Join UnderstandingE?

• Access to over 500 step-by-step video tutorials
  • +20 video courses available
  • Magento, M2E Pro, Magmi, eBay, Amazon & Design all covered
  • Everything is in 100% Plain English
  • Learn how to build your own multi-channel software for eBay & Amazon
  • Access to the community forums, meet fellow business owners like yourself

Join Now with 2 Clicks

Join now for less that £1 per day you can gain access to over 400 step-by-step video tutorials & learn how to build your very own multi-channel software.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 1012

Currently Online:
16 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Jim @ Moogento: 688

Steve Froggatt: 514

Badeth - UE: 513

Jimbob: 453

Paul Cartwright: 414