I have a bit of a problem. Amazon has asked me to close my current account and open a new one. On the face of it this should be an easy task. However, it is not and I’ve a number of problems to deal with. One of these problems is moving all the listings from the old Amazon account to the new one within m2ePro. I’ve been looking at this and:
– I cannot find a way to edit the existing Amazon account’s config so I tried it from another angle ….but failed as…..
– I cannot find a way to “transfer” m2ePro Listing Items from the existing m2ePro Listings to new ones if I create a new Amazon account in the config and corresponding new m2ePro Listings
This is a major headache as I have a lot of products that need to be listed on the new account and the only way I can see being able to do this is starting from scratch again….
Thoughts most welcome. I really hope there is a way to sort this out easily!
Thanks in advance.
Hi Matt / Dave,
I’m a little surprised there has been no response at all on this one. It might not be a common problem but is something others will come up against in the future.
I have had it confirmed by m2ePro it is not possible to move Amazon Listing Items from one Listing to another or change Amazon account configs. Therefore I am wondering…. is there any way to use Magmi to sort this out?
It would be really great to hear from you as I’m really stuck.
Thanks in advance.
You can connect m2epro to both amazon accounts but you will have do the listing groups again.
As its a different amazon account i’m not sure if the description policies will be available for the new amazon account, but if you export your inventory from amazon and import (skus & att_asin) back in magento all the products will have asins so they can automatically list so no need for description policies.
It shouldn’t be too much of a pain
Hope this helps
Everyday is an opportunity to learn something new
Thanks for your reply. m2ePro has confirmed the same to me. It seems a bit of a poor design to me not to enable switching/duplicating listings from one account to another, like you can with eBay. It is all very well that Amazon‘s account systems work differently but behind the scenes the code should be able to cope and be written in such a way to compensate for the constraints put in place…
Either way – it looks like I’ve a fair bit of work to do re-creating all this.
Why Should You Join UnderstandingE?
- Access to over 500 step-by-step video tutorials
- +20 video courses available
- Magento, M2E Pro, Magmi, eBay, Amazon & Design all covered
- Everything is in 100% Plain English
- Learn how to build your own multi-channel software for eBay & Amazon
- Access to the community forums, meet fellow business owners like yourself
Join Now with 2 Clicks
Join now for less that £1 per day you can gain access to over 400 step-by-step video tutorials & learn how to build your very own multi-channel software.
Most Users Ever Online: 1012
Currently Browsing this Page:
Jim @ Moogento: 688
Steve Froggatt: 514
Badeth - UE: 513
Paul Cartwright: 414
Administrators: Matthew Ogborne: 4565, Dave Furness: 4606