I recently updated Magento (the safe way!) and migrated hosts. I’ve had a few problems with migrating to a different hosting, the latest being that when I attempted to upload an individual image to a listing I received the error message ‘Destination folder does not exist.’ I found this workaround http://www.magentocommerce.com…..read/1936/ and subsequently changed all my permissions from 755s to 777s in the folders:
1. “MEDIA” folder
2. in MEDIA folder to “CATALOG” and “ TMP” and ALL subfolders individually.
Now, I can upload some images but not others. For instance, some images upload then give an error ‘Unable to list current working directory’ when the product is saved. Whereas others upload, allow me to save, then the product preview doesn’t work and they don’t work on my site?
I read somewhere that the ‘unable to list current working directory’ may have something to do with characters in the file names of images; the image files which allow upload have filenames without any dodgy characters. They still don’t display though, just give a broken picture icon.
Beyond this, I’m a bit stuck?!
This is a question for your hosting provider, as I suspect that they’ve got a proxy or varnish on the front that is blocking it.
Why Should You Join UnderstandingE?
- Access to over 500 step-by-step video tutorials
- +20 video courses available
- Magento, M2E Pro, Magmi, eBay, Amazon & Design all covered
- Everything is in 100% Plain English
- Learn how to build your own multi-channel software for eBay & Amazon
- Access to the community forums, meet fellow business owners like yourself
Join Now with 2 Clicks
Join now for less that £1 per day you can gain access to over 400 step-by-step video tutorials & learn how to build your very own multi-channel software.
Most Users Ever Online: 1012
Currently Browsing this Page:
Jim @ Moogento: 688
Steve Froggatt: 514
Badeth - UE: 513
Paul Cartwright: 414
Administrators: Matthew Ogborne: 4565, Dave Furness: 4606