Not so New
I was just wondering what you recommend for Indexing in Magento when using Magimi. My understanding is that if you have it set to “Update on Save” that if you import 1,000 items it will update 1,000 times and this really bogs the site down, including the front end. So I assume then that you set it to “Manual Update” and make sure you re-index everything after adding items or adjusting something in the catalog?
Let me know what you think.
Fab question, if you only have a few products ( eg less than 500) then using the auto reindexing feature in Magmi would be handy.
Any more then you’ll need a reindexing schedule in place.
Two threads that will help:
And a video from this thread: https://understandinge.com/forum/all-things-coding/re-index-cron-jobs/#p2397
Hope that helps! (and if it doesn’t just say )
Why Should You Join UnderstandingE?
- Access to over 500 step-by-step video tutorials
- +20 video courses available
- Magento, M2E Pro, Magmi, eBay, Amazon & Design all covered
- Everything is in 100% Plain English
- Learn how to build your own multi-channel software for eBay & Amazon
- Access to the community forums, meet fellow business owners like yourself
Join Now with 2 Clicks
Join now for less that £1 per day you can gain access to over 400 step-by-step video tutorials & learn how to build your very own multi-channel software.
Most Users Ever Online: 1012
Currently Browsing this Page:
Jim @ Moogento: 688
Steve Froggatt: 514
Badeth - UE: 513
Paul Cartwright: 414
Administrators: Matthew Ogborne: 4565, Dave Furness: 4606