I think I am correct that it makes sense to work with a USA hosting company, rather than a UK company, considering i live in the the USA, but I have considered the UK plans as well. Do you have any experience with MageMojo? Did you review them when you did the reviews for Simple Helix?
Any help on selecting a hosting company would be greatly appreciated.
We haven’t personally tried MageMojo so couldn’t really comment, but we did properly stress test Simple Helix and it faired very well which led to our recommendation. However I have spoken to the CEO of M2E about MageMojo and he was very complimentary of the service they provide and it would be in his interest to ensure M2E is being run off adequate hosting so I am confident they won’t be terrible :)
Every expert was once a beginner
2 main reasons for you to use a host in the USA from what I can see.
1. Speed – If most of your customers are in America then having a server based their should have less hops between your customer and server and be faster.
2. SEO – Google will look at the ip address of your server for part of it’s ranking. If you have a server in the UK with a UK ip address then Google may think that your business is based in the UK and rank you higher on google.co.uk and rank you lower down on google.com
3. We have a wholesaler that sells Hornby trains so if you ever want them let me know :)
Why Should You Join UnderstandingE?
- Access to over 500 step-by-step video tutorials
- +20 video courses available
- Magento, M2E Pro, Magmi, eBay, Amazon & Design all covered
- Everything is in 100% Plain English
- Learn how to build your own multi-channel software for eBay & Amazon
- Access to the community forums, meet fellow business owners like yourself
Join Now with 2 Clicks
Join now for less that £1 per day you can gain access to over 400 step-by-step video tutorials & learn how to build your very own multi-channel software.
Most Users Ever Online: 1012
Currently Browsing this Page:
Jim @ Moogento: 688
Steve Froggatt: 514
Badeth - UE: 513
Paul Cartwright: 414
Administrators: Matthew Ogborne: 4565, Dave Furness: 4606