I have a product CSV to import via Magmi with over 2000 products. Three questions:
1. Can I have blank cells, will that affect the import?
2. I am using OpenOffice rather than excel, how should I save the spread sheet correctly for Magmi?
3. I have simple and configurable products to import, can they be mixed up even if the configurable products are under the correct simple products?
Thanks for any advice.
1. Blank cells should not be an issue, as long as a value is not mandatory.
2. Open office should not be a problem, just save as a csv.
3. You can mix simple and configurable products in the same spreadsheet, but the configurable product must be listed after all the simple products that pertain to the configurable product. Don’t forget to associate all the simple products to the configurable product and define your config_attributes (size, color, etc).
Why Should You Join UnderstandingE?
- Access to over 500 step-by-step video tutorials
- +20 video courses available
- Magento, M2E Pro, Magmi, eBay, Amazon & Design all covered
- Everything is in 100% Plain English
- Learn how to build your own multi-channel software for eBay & Amazon
- Access to the community forums, meet fellow business owners like yourself
Join Now with 2 Clicks
Join now for less that £1 per day you can gain access to over 400 step-by-step video tutorials & learn how to build your very own multi-channel software.
Most Users Ever Online: 1012
Currently Browsing this Page:
Jim @ Moogento: 688
Steve Froggatt: 514
Badeth - UE: 513
Paul Cartwright: 414
Administrators: Matthew Ogborne: 4565, Dave Furness: 4606