Here we are 6 months since the launch of UnderstandingE, it feels like just a couple of weeks ago that we had launched on New Years Day 2014, but also looking back we have achieved an awful lot in a short space of time.
This is the podcast where we both look back at what we have achieved in the past 6 months and what we have coming up over the next few months and beyond too.
Press Play below and listen in right now:
In this podcast we discuss the following topics and the past 6 months as a whole.
- Just passed 1500 members on the UE site (Woohooo)
- 6,000 forum posts & page views through the roof
- The eBay Webinar – Huge Success
Key Points & Realisations
- Site speed and performance upgrades, home page update
- First update to the UnderstandingE Admin Theme
- The growth of the UE team
- Number of tutorials that we now have Live = [Just over 150]
- Responsive listing template – imagine what would happen if Matt had a team of developers?
- Amazon and eBay reaching out to us
- Our requirement as Entrepreneurs to when given a choice of ‘Either’ to look for a way to have ‘Both’ (if desirable)
- Design a Magento website course on £100
- Amazon guides
- Invoicing system for Premium
- EML (Export my listings)
- Maybe speaking at the Magento Live Conference in London
- Dave in USA for 3 months from September
What could we have done better?
As is often the case with our review podcasts we get the chance to look at ourselves and ask the question, what could we have done better.
By no means are we perfect and quite often we are our own harshest critics and for this reason both myself and Matt ask and answer what could we have done better. To find out, just hit the play button above.
Not slowing Down!
Well we are 6 months in and it has absolutely flown by, and we have no intentions of slowing down! We have plenty left to cover and lot’s of opportunities for us to grow the UnderstandingE reach as well.
As we mention in the Podcast I will be spending sometime in California for around 3 months towards the end of the year. I will mainly be based in Los Angeles but will be travelling to San Jose and San Francisco and most likely other surrounding areas too during my time there.
It would be fantastic to catch up with any of our American members whilst I’m out there. If this sounds interesting then please let me know :)
Finally we know that we wouldn’t have gotten to where we are right now if it wasn’t for you reading this and all of the members on UnderstandingE, both old and new. We appreciate you massively.
Here’s to your future!
Dave & Matt
*Edit* – In the Podcast I mention a video by Gary Vaynerchuk called ‘Between the Clouds & the Dirt” For anyone interested, the video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4bAVgMJo8w and is taken from 24 hours in his life.
Talk about put the hours in…